The Power of the Written Word + Machine Learning Knowledge = Data Science Blogathon
What if you could turn your machine learning knowledge into a superpower?
Imagine you’re given the opposrunity to put all your machine learning knowledge to the test by displaying your skillset in the form of the written word? And that you would stand a chance to showcase your work to a community of 500,000+ data scientists?
That sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, that’s the Data Science Blogathon for you!
Analytics Vidhya has always been at the forefront of knowledge sharing, and we want to continue this trend among our community members. The Data Science Blogathon is an initiative to give the writing power over to you, our community, and let you share your thoughts about this wonderful field.
The Data Science Blogathon is the ultimate competition that combines your writing prowess with your machine learning skills! The competition is already live and finishes on October 11th at 11.59pm. You can check out the leaderboard here.
The best way to learn any concept, especially in data science, is by writing about it. That not only helps you understand what you learned in more detail but sharing it with the community helps others understand how a particular data science idea works.
We will not only publish the best articles on Analytics Vidhya’s blog but also provide feedback to every writer on their article. Along with recognition in front of a broad audience, there are lucrative prizes to be won!
The focus of the articles can be on any data related field — data science, machine learning, deep learning, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, etc.
Why you Should Participate in the Blogathon
You might be wondering – what is in it for you to write a data science blog? Well, there are plenty of benefits! Let’s discuss some of them:
- Learn and master the concept – Learning and writing go hand-in-hand. I learned this trick in my college – I used to make notes and explain them to my backbencher friends with simple examples and this helped me register all the hard concepts in my mind along with their applications. You’ll definitely learn much more by following the same approach 🙂
- Improve your storytelling skills – I will share a little secret with you here. Two of the most important characteristics of a great data scientist are storytelling skills and a structured thinking mindset. This is not an inherent quality but is developed by working closely on problem statements. Writing a blog improves both of these qualities
- Build up your resume – One of the biggest advantages of writing a data science blog is that it makes you stand out from the crowds. It actually reflects your passion and knowledge for this field. Writing blogs will definitely help your catch the eyes of the recruiter.
- Get attention and networking opportunity within the community – While gaining knowledge through the process of blog writing is important but getting a chance to network with industry leaders and like-minded people is priceless. Analytics Vidhya has 2.5 million monthly users including some of the well-renowned personalities so there’s a good chance of reaching potential people and employers.
- Win cash prizes – All of this is great but we all crave for a reward for our efforts. Isn’t it? Don’t worry, cash prize worth thousands are waiting for you. Read ahead to learn about all the rewards. 😉
How do I Participate in the Data Science Blogathon?
To enter the competition, just head over here and press the register button above. All the details, including where to write and how to submit your article, are included there.
If you face any issues or have any questions, use the discuss tab on the above link to reach out to us.
Note: We have received a few emails regarding uploading images on the writing platform. If you face any such issues, just upload your images to a Google Drive folder, name the images as ‘Image 1’, ‘Image 2’, etc. and mention in the article where you want to place the images. We’ll take care of that for you.
What are the Prizes on Offer?
Every article that meets Analytics Vidhya’s standards will be published on the Analytics Vidhya blog. This offers you a one-of-a-kind opportunity to reach out to a HUGE audience and embellish your data science profile and your own brand.
There are lucrative prizes on offer as well, in three categories:
1. The Most Popular Article Award
The top 3 winners will be judged based on the number of unique pageviews on their articles. You can track this on the competition leaderboard.
- 1st Prize: INR 7500
- 2nd Prize: INR 3000
- 3rd Prize: INR 1500
2. The Most Engaging Article Award
The top 3 winners in this category will be judged based on the number of unique page views they generate from social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram).
- 1st Prize: INR 6000
- 2nd Prize: INR 2500
- 3rd Prize: INR 1500
3. Editorial Award
The top 3 winners will be judged by the Analytics Vidhya editorial team based on our internal metrics.
- 1st Prize: INR 4500
- 2nd Prize: INR 2000
- 3rd Prize: INR 1500
And that’s not all! We always appreciate the extra effort our community members put in, so if your article generates more than 5000 views, you get INR 1,000 as a bonus, regardless of whether you fall in the above three categories!
When Will the Winners be Declared?
The winners for all 3 categories will be declared on October 20, 2020.
Even though you need to submit your article by 11.59 pm on October 11th, the views for your article will count until October 19, 11.59 pm. So keep sharing your article after it’s been published to increase your chances of winning!