The idea of having a software as a service product sound great though, doesn't it?
Solve a problem with software. Have a nice looking landing page and website. Get paying customers.
Eventually have it make enough revenue so you can turn it into your primary source of income.
There's a lot of software talent out there. We could solve lots of problems.
But going from idea to product to first customer is non-trivial.
Especially as a side hustle.
This episode discusses some of the hurdles from idea to first customer.
Brandon Braner is building Released.sh. It's a cool idea, but it's not done yet.
Brandon and I talk about building side projects:
- finding a target audience
- limiting scope to something doable by one person
- building a great looking landing page
- finding time to work on things
- prioritizing and planning
- learning while building
- even utilizing third party services to allow you to launch faster
- and last, but not least, having fun
Support Test & Code in Python